Saturday, August 27, 2011

Still on Schedule for IVF #2

My hysteroscopy surgery was this past Friday. They found nothing! The Dr. believes that what they saw on the ultrasound was just a bubble or air pocket from the sonohysterogram appointment. Probably because my uterus was contracting so much during the procedure, it formed this bubble. I don't know. They said everything looks good, so we are still on schedule for IVF this month. A week of worrying went to waist. But I can say that I'm glad we did the surgery because, if we didn't, we would know if my uterus was okay to transfer embryos to. Now we know everything is okay.

I get to start my injections this Monday. Since we are doing different medications (Antagonist), this round of IVF I won't have to do as many injections. But they are stronger meds, so hopefully I won't have any bad reactions. I had a screening ultrasound appointment yesterday and we determined that we will do ICSI with our IVF cycle this time. (ICSI is injecting the sperm into the egg, rather than just letting the sperm swim around the eggs in a petri dish with a regular IVF cycle) Even though my husbands sperm can fertilize my eggs at 100%, the fact that I have a diminishing ovarian reserve means that they may not be able to retrieve as many eggs. The embryologist can pick out the healthiest sperm, so it would be in our best interest to do it. (Anything that can improve our chances. ) Since I have sucky eggs.

My appointment was a little exhausting. They also train you how to do your injections at this appointment. They sent me over to the pharmacy to pick up my meds, but the pharmacy was a little confused with the human growth hormone injections. They did not have the "brand" of HGH that the fertility clinic prescribed, and taught me how to use. They were also confused how I was suppose to get five days of injections out of one vial. So they sent me back to the fertility clinic, so I can get instructions on how to mix the meds and give myself injections with this different brand of HGH. Turns out that the pharmacy was suppose to give me five vials, not one vial of the HGH. So I had to head back to the pharmacy to pick up four more vials. I felt like I was being bounced around like a ping pong ball! Like I said, EXHAUSTING. But better to be safe than sorry, right. Sometimes I wonder about medical people and their miscommunications...Ugh! Anyway, now I get to play chemist, mathematician, and doctor in my bathroom. Mixing meds and giving my self injections! Yeah! Luckily needles don't scare me. I will just have to review the online instructions a few times to make sure I'm doing all this right. On top of all this madness, I got to pay for everything! Lets just say this baby or babies will be nicknamed "Car-payment-baby/ies" IVF #2 here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment